Have Monday Off

Little Johnny is in the classroom bored to the back teeth on a Friday afternoon.

The teacher decides to have a game for the kids to get them thinking.

“Okay, class. Now I’m going to say a famous quote, and the first person to tell me who said that quote, can have Monday off,” says the teacher.

“Who is credited with writing the phrase, ‘To be or not to be, that is the question…’?” asks the teacher.

Little Pham Lam Nguyen at the front of the class calls out, “Shakespeare.”

“Well done!” says the teacher, “You can have Monday off.”

“No, thank you, Miss. I am of Vietnamese origin and it is in our culture to study as hard as we can, so I will be here on Monday studying hard,” says little Pham Lam Nguyen.

“Well, okay,” says the teacher. “The next quote is, ‘I had a dream!’”

Little Fri Sum Kat, also at the front, yells out, “I bereiva it was Martin Ruther King!”

“Well done!” says the teacher. “You can have Monday off.”

“No, thanka you, Miss, I am of Chinese oligin and we also do not take time offa school. Education is evelything to us, so I will be in on Monday studying hard, too,” says little Fri Sum Kat.

“Okay,” says the teacher.

Then she hears a voice from the back of the classroom, “Fucking immigrants!”

“Who said that?” yells the teacher angrily.

“Donald Trump!” yells little Johnny. “See ya’ Tuesday!”